Two Wheels - Six Strings

Random news and thoughts about various two-wheeled projects and music, especially my band, Skull Full Of Blues.

Saturday, November 21, 2015

This Week On Bikes

On Tuesday, we had a small snowstorm blow through, and I rode towork in the snow. Once there, I took a picture of my snowy fixed-gear mtb and wrote a post on my iPhone. I hit "Publish", and the post apparently disappeared into the ether. I didn't realize this, until the next day...


I rode to work that morning in an official blizzard, due to the wind speed. We didn't get a lot of snow, maybe 3 or 4 inches, but the 30-40 mph headwind I rode into made for a challenging ride.

By 1:00 PM, the storm was gone, and the sun was out. The snow melted and the roads were dry by the time I left work, at 4:30.

Yesterday, I didn't ride a bike, but I did a bit of work on the B+ mountain bike. I had decided to use an upright handlebar on it, but I didn't have one that appealed to me. So, I ordered up an Origin8 SpaceBar, with the bend I wanted.

 It has a couple of inches rise, more or less, and the width is nice, as well.



I have put a lot of thought and effort into building this bike up. Maybe, one of these days, I should go mountain biking with it!

Overnight, we got a few of inches of snow, once again. This morning, the neighborhood roads were very icy. So, once again, I pulled out the fixed-gear mtb, with the studded tires, in order to go to the coffee shop.


Every time I ride this bike, it reminds me of how much I like to ride a fixed-gear bike. I suppose I am just a simple guy, because the simplicity of the fixed bike really pleases me.

So, I wonder what the coming week will bring.


x

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home