Two Wheels - Six Strings

Random news and thoughts about various two-wheeled projects and music, especially my band, Skull Full Of Blues.

Saturday, November 07, 2015

Kindle Paperwhite

I'm a big Kindle fan. I have a basic, no-frills model, and a Fire, as well as having the app on my phone. Yes, there is something to be said about leafing through a physical book, feeling its weight in your hand, etc. but, there is also a lot to be said for having hundreds of thousands of books available to you, all in one small, portable package. That is particularly nice when you travel. 

I've been wanting the Paperwhite version, for quite a while. Its side-lit screen is easier on the eyes than that of the Fire, or my phone. And my basic Kindle is unlit, which makes it not only unreadable in low light, but also in the sunlight. 

But, at $129.99, the Paperwhite seemed a bit pricy to me. Then, this week, Amazon had a promo for Prime customers, which knocked $40.00 off the price. I pulled up the listing, and there was a second offer which knocked an additional $80.00 off if you applied for an Amazon Visa card. So, I ended up paying $9.99 for my new Paperwhite!

I don't really want the Visa, so I'll just cut it up when it arrives. And, I'm sure I'll get $9.99 worth of use out of my new reader!

X


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home