Two Wheels - Six Strings

Random news and thoughts about various two-wheeled projects and music, especially my band, Skull Full Of Blues.

Friday, March 13, 2015

Opinel Number Eight Knife Mods

Lately, I have become somewhat fascinated with friction folder knives, and the modifications that people do to them. I bought a couple of Svard Peasant knives, which arrived today, with plans to modify them.

But, before starting on them, I thought I would do a little work on an old Opinel #8, which I use in the kitchen, upon occasion.  Of course, I forgot to take a "before" picture, but here are a few shots of what I've done, so far:




I've never really liked the round profile and kicked up tail of the Opinel handle. So, I flattened the sides, and re-profiled the aft  end. I will refinish it, later, when I decide on what I want it to look like.


I also changed the shape of the knife point, to more of a spear point.


And, I did a little bit of very basic filework to the spine of the blade. I'm actually quite pleased with it, considering that it was my first effort at that. I will do a couple more practice blades before I attack the Svard, which I plan to carry as one of my daily carries.


x

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home