Two Wheels - Six Strings

Random news and thoughts about various two-wheeled projects and music, especially my band, Skull Full Of Blues.

Sunday, January 11, 2015

Tough Week and a Half

Welp, it's official, I did break a rib. I had x-rays done on Friday, after a week of feeling fairly miserable. The results: "nondisplaced fracture of the right anterolateral sixth rib".

Honestly, I was glad to hear that. I was beginning to feel a bit like a sissy, because I hurt so bad. If I had only knocked the wind out of myself, and then felt this bad for this long, I would be ashamed of myself.

Six weeks, on average, is the recovery time for such a break. I am a week and a half in, so I should be good as new in the middle of February. I just hope that there is some improvement by the time we play Herman's Hideaway, on the 24rd of this month!

I emailed my doc and asked when I can get back on the bicycle. I think that she had already gone home, because I haven't gotten an answer, yet. I hope that it's soon, because I am not really digging on driving the truck back and forth to work, every day.

It's been too icy for the motorbike. Plus, I'm not sure I could ride it, anyway. A sneeze nearly puts me on the floor, and I sure wouldn't want to have that happen as I was motorbiking down the road!

Oh, well. Just taking it easy, for now, and growing fat and lazy.

x

5 Comments:

At 11:27 PM , Blogger MELI. said...

take care of yourself jon! get well soon :) m.

 
At 4:44 AM , Blogger Jon said...

Thanks, Meli! I'm already on the mend, and feeling a lot better.

 
At 4:09 PM , Blogger Steve A said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 4:10 PM , Blogger Steve A said...

I pray that "nondisplaced" is a positive?

 
At 4:49 PM , Blogger Jon said...

Yeah, it means the ends are still in place, do it will heal straight.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home