Two Wheels - Six Strings

Random news and thoughts about various two-wheeled projects and music, especially my band, Skull Full Of Blues.

Friday, December 05, 2014

The Nail Collector


This morning, I got up, took the rear wheel (with the flat tire) off of the Scrambler, threw it into the back of the truck and went to the coffee shop to hang around until Performance Motorcycle Parts opened at 9:00. I got to Performance a little after 9:00, and showed them the nail sticking through my tire. A little after 10:00, I walked out of with my repaired tire, and noticed that the front driver's side tire on the Dodge was low.

After I replaced the wheel on the motorbike, I threw the Funk bicycle into the truck bed, and drove over to Discount Tire, where I left the truck to get the tire fixed. I biked home, then took the Scrambler out to run some errands. While I was out I got a call from Discount Tire; sure enough, there was a nail in the truck tire, as well.

Discount repaired my flat and re-balanced my tire at no charge. I was pretty surprised, because I knew that they did that if you had bought the tires from them but, these tires were on the truck when I bought it. I have bought tires there, before, and you can bet that's where I'll buy my next set.


Both the bike and the truck are back on the road, and I am hoping to avoid adding to my nail collection, anytime soon!

x

1 Comments:

At 7:06 PM , Blogger Pondero said...

There now, that's out of the way, you can enjoy the rest of December in peace.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home