Two Wheels - Six Strings

Random news and thoughts about various two-wheeled projects and music, especially my band, Skull Full Of Blues.

Sunday, October 05, 2014

Blues and Mountain Biking, This Weekend

 Steve and I played at 3 Kings Tavern, last night. I didn't manage to get a picture of both of us, for the Facebook page, but Steve shot this one of me and my Les Pauls, before we played.

Nick Wilson showed up for the show. After the show, he asked me if I wanted to go mountain biking with him and Jen, up in Lyons. I told him that I would. So, today, Nick dropped by the house and picked me up. We met Jen at Heritage Square, then drove on up to the Picture Rock Trail, in Heil Valley Ranch.

What a nice trail.

I managed to fall off of a a little drop-off, into a pile of rocks, on the way back down the hill.
 My right arm took the brunt of it. That bruise on my bicep is even more colorful, now, 4 hours later.
The left arm got a bit of abuse, as well. The worst part is that I bruised the meaty part of my thumb/palm of my left hand. I'm glad we don't have a show coming up, in the next little bit. It's going to be a couple of days before I can play the guitar, I suspect.

I had forgotten how much fun a technical mountain bike trail can be. I need to do this more often (minus the falling off of a mountain part)!

x

1 Comments:

At 8:55 AM , Blogger katina said...

yeowch.

And Jen - like Jen, Jen?

also, HI NICK!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home