Two Wheels - Six Strings

Random news and thoughts about various two-wheeled projects and music, especially my band, Skull Full Of Blues.

Thursday, July 10, 2014

Even Better

You may have seen my previous post, where I discussed electrifying my little Truetone/Kay. I really like it, and I plan on playing it at Herman's Hideaway, on the the 19th of this month.  But, I didn't think that the pickup I put in it really fit the vintage vibe:


So, I pulled a vintage (1960s) DeArmond out of the parts stash, this afternoon, and replaced the Strat-style pickup.


It not only looks better, but it sounds awesome, as well.


I don't much care for the strings, though. I am going to restring it with my normal gauges and go from there. Other than that, the guitar is just about perfect!

x

2 Comments:

At 2:48 PM , Blogger GreenComotion said...

Jon,
For some reason, I thought you had closed shop. I was wrong. Glad to see you are blogging away.

Peace :)

 
At 12:07 PM , Blogger katina said...

sweet-looking guitar!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home