Two Wheels - Six Strings

Random news and thoughts about various two-wheeled projects and music, especially my band, Skull Full Of Blues.

Monday, February 17, 2014

More Work On The Fat Ti Bike, And a Trip to Trader Joe's


I got some parts for the bike, last week, and finally got them all installed. First up, was a Problem Solvers bolt-on cable stop.


 I coupled that with the Problem Solvers Cross Pulley, which allowed me to use the bottom-pull derailleur I already had. I didn't really want to buy another derailleur, and this piece was affordable.


New seat post clamp
 

I had a mismatched set of GripShift shifters lying about, So, on they went. (Thanks to Danny Mc for the rear shifter!)


 The cog set had to be spaced out so that the  chain wouldn't rub the tire while using the small ring on the front.


The large cog on this stack is a 36-tooth. I should be able to climb trees with this rig!

I actually broke out the Funk ti bike, today, and rode over to the new Trader Joe's at Colorado and 8th, with Brad. Brad wanted some bottles of Two Buck Chuck, and I just went along for the ride. I ended up getting a Colorado whiskey I had never seen, plus one bottle of the wine.


On the way out of Trader Joe's, I found this squeaky-toy giraffe. In the background is a really cool two-sided sundial, in a park on the way home.




The top side tells time, in the summer, and the bottom (where Brad's bike is) tells time during the winter. I thought it was really cool.


This giant spider is in the back yard of a house across the street from the sundial. We managed to get by it, without it seeing us...

 Heartbreak awaited, when we arrived home. Apparently, the bottle of wine knocked a hole in my bottle of whiskey, as we rode. I didn't even get a sip!

Overall, though, even with the broken bottle of booze, it was a good ride, with temps in the low 60s and plenty of sunshine. Not too shabby for the middle of February.

x

6 Comments:

At 4:46 PM , Blogger boldlybalding said...

The giraffe is a Sofie. She is a sensory development toy for babies. My daughter mostly just chews on hers....

 
At 5:50 AM , Blogger Steve A said...

There you have it: proof that Two Buck Chuck is just no good!

 
At 10:33 PM , Blogger Travel Gravel said...

Shame about the whiskey...at least it wasn't Stranahan's!!!!! That bottle could make a swanky bird house. So tell me what you make of the new Mongoose Dolomite. I can't wait to get one.

 
At 9:32 AM , Blogger Jon said...

I am not familiar with the Dolomite (except the oold freestyle bike). Do you have a link?

 
At 1:01 PM , Blogger Travel Gravel said...

Look on MTBR Fat Bikes Forum, or RatRodBikes under New Geese on the Way.

 
At 1:26 PM , Blogger katina said...

sad about the whiskey. happy about the sofie, though.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home