Two Wheels - Six Strings

Random news and thoughts about various two-wheeled projects and music, especially my band, Skull Full Of Blues.

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Mid-Winter Thoughts

About this time of year, every year, I start trying to figure out how to make a bit less of a mess out of my life. I look around my 600 square feet house, and the thousand square feet of crap in it, and I start trying to figure out how to simplify things, pay off some bills, lose weight, get in better shape, etc...

Usually, the clearing out and simplifying involves vague plans to cut down on the number of bikes I have. This year is no exception.

I was talking to Brad, the other day, and I mentioned the concept of cutting back to four "everyday riding bikes" (as opposed to the "just want to keep them bikes" such as the high-wheeler, my 1970 Western Flyer that I got for my 10th birthday, and my 1910 Iver Johnson). My thought was to cull the herd down to the titanium Funk, my 29er, and the fat bike.

I mentioned that if I could actually sell the other bikes for enough money, I would get a titanium frame for the fat bike. But, like I said, I've made these big plans before, and didn't follow through.

Then, a few days ago, a fellow in Chicago contacted me and asked if my Specialized Rock Combo was still for sale. I ended up selling him the frame and fork.

A journey of a thousand miles starts with one step.

x

4 Comments:

At 9:14 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You shouldn't short change yourself, there's at least 1500 sq ft. of crap in your house

Dave

 
At 2:34 PM , Blogger Jon said...

Well, I didn't want to brag...

 
At 8:42 PM , Blogger adventure! said...

I feel ya. After selling the LHT last month, I'm down to three "daily riders" plus one "special" bike (the Rudge.) My goal for 2014 is to try to not buy another bike, especially a project bike. We shall see how I do...

 
At 8:07 AM , Blogger Steve A said...

If you buy more houses, you'll have less bikes per house.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home