Two Wheels - Six Strings

Random news and thoughts about various two-wheeled projects and music, especially my band, Skull Full Of Blues.

Sunday, September 15, 2013

What A Week

I started the week off, last Sunday, throwing up in the middle of the night. I then proceeded to sleep for about 30 hours. The rest of week was spent in a fog, which I am just now pulling out of.

Then, a couple of days after I got sick, the rain came down like some kind of biblical plague. Yesterday, for instance, we had over 12 inches of rain at the airport. That's about what we usually get in the whole month of September. They say that if we had gotten this week's moisture as snow, it would be over 20 feet deep.

Huge floods were the result. My buddy Danny had 18 inches of water in his basement. Considering the fact that he finally completed his finished basement in April, it was a pretty hard hit.

I wrote a song about the floods. We will debut it at Bushwacker's, on the 27th.



In bike news, Bikes Direct (the company who owns the Motobecane, Windsor and other classic bike names _ my 29er frame came from them) is taking preorders for fatbikes. They have a fully-equipped alloy model for $695.00!

http://www.bikesdirect.com/products/fat-bikes.htm

Now, there is an affordable entry-level fatbike available.  Between that and the new entries in the field from Specialized and Trek, the fatbike field is opening up!

 
x

6 Comments:

At 6:26 AM , Blogger Pondero said...

What a week, indeed. I hope you are over the illness. The Colorado flooding is making the national news, and is of particular interest to me and my colleagues as stormwater/drainage/flood control engineers.

By the way, 2 inches is good, healthy afternoon thunderstorm for us...and we need several of those right about now.

 
At 6:43 AM , Blogger Jon said...

Chris,
Two inches of rain is pretty normal for us, too. I apparently missed a keystroke, as i typed. I have corrected the number to 12 inches of rain in one day.

We have gotten more than our usual annual precipitation over the course of 5 days!

 
At 6:55 AM , Blogger Pondero said...

Ah, that makes a big difference. A foot of rain in a day is problematic almost anywhere. No wonder the news reports are so dire.

My heart goes out to those that are being harmed.

 
At 1:52 PM , Blogger Wilson said...

Make that "international" headlines. We are hearing all about the flooding here in Canada too. Looks like a real mess, and now, apparently, some fatalities.

Thanks for the fat-bike good news though. It's a market I really want to invest in but my wife and I can't justify two thousand for another bicycle. A few hundred is much more palatable. I'll be keeping my eyes open.

 
At 4:12 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't forget the Kona WO fatbike $1699 worth looking into.

 
At 2:33 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jonny Gee-----Those bikes gots nutthin' on yer WalMartorama Special!

FMM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home