Two Wheels - Six Strings

Random news and thoughts about various two-wheeled projects and music, especially my band, Skull Full Of Blues.

Monday, February 27, 2012

The Problem With Being a Part-Time Bike Commuter

I rode the motorbike to work, today, because of the freaking wind.  When we have a steady 30 mph south wind (head wind on the way home) forecast for the afternoon, I just don't have the will to ride in it, right now.

During the 4 years that I commuted every day, I didn't think twice about it.  I cursed about it, but I rode in the wind, nonetheless.  I didn't have an option, so I stayed on the bike.

Going part-time has allowed me to revert to my natural lazy ways.

Although, the way that the wind was blowing me around on the Scrambler, on my way home, I have to admit that I feel more smart than lazy at this point.

x

5 Comments:

At 6:46 PM , Blogger Pondero said...

I sympathize. The wind nails me right in my mental weak spot. I think bicyclists could have a week-long seminar on mentally dealing with wind. Or maybe its just me...

 
At 8:17 PM , Blogger Big Oak said...

I'll bet you revved up the throttle a few times going into the wind, didn't you? I would have.

The wind got me this morning on the way into work. I feel extra slow in the early morning anyway. Add the wind today and I was amazed I wasn't going backward. On the plus side, I made it home in record time!

 
At 8:24 PM , Blogger Jon said...

Unfortunately, the wind would have blown me "to" work and "away" from home, today. That was the major reason I took the motorbike.

 
At 8:11 AM , Blogger Chris said...

I have a folding bike which allows me to be "smart" about my commute too - I ride as much as I can, but when the weather gets to be too much, I take the bike with me on the bus. Handy, since I don't have to leave it at work, so I always have the option to ride in in the morning.

 
At 4:50 PM , Blogger Wilson said...

I revert to my lazy ways waaaayyyy more than I admit.
:)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home