Two Wheels - Six Strings

Random news and thoughts about various two-wheeled projects and music, especially my band, Skull Full Of Blues.

Monday, February 20, 2012

Bacon-Egg Cups For Dinner

I was recently reminded of something I cooked, a few times, years ago:  Bacon-egg cups!  It had been a while, and I had forgotten a few details (like how long to cook them), but I figured I would cook some up, since I was thinking of them.

One problem, though;  I didn't own a cupcake pan to cook them in.  So, this morning, I made a quick little trip over to the thrift store.  Three dollars out of my pocket bought me a nice, heavy-duty pan.

About an hour ago, I decided it was time to cook dinner.

First, I cooked some bacon, but left it floppy, not crispy.  Then, I lined the cups on the cupcake pan (after spraying them with non-stick cooking spray) with bacon.


Then, I grated some pepper-jack cheese, and put it in the bacon...


Cracked an egg into each, salted and peppered...


Popped them into a 450-degree oven for 15 minutes, then turned off the oven and let them sit for 10 minutes. (I might not do this, next time, to try and leave the eggs a little softer)...


And this is what they looked like, after they came out of the pan:


Yum...


Bon appetit...

x

5 Comments:

At 6:20 PM , Blogger John Romeo Alpha said...

That is EXACTLY what I need. Perhaps with bacon sprinkled on top.

 
At 6:58 PM , Blogger Oldfool said...

I'm going to have to do that. I eat a lot of eggs.

 
At 7:54 PM , Blogger katina said...

And this is the second time this week I've seen the bacon-egg cups on a blog. I think the universe is telling me I need to make some.

 
At 5:20 PM , Blogger Big Oak said...

mmmmm, bacon!

I know what I'm making for breakfast when I get home!

 
At 3:21 PM , Blogger LvilleTex said...

Amazing stuff there. And right at supper time.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home