Two Wheels - Six Strings

Random news and thoughts about various two-wheeled projects and music, especially my band, Skull Full Of Blues.

Tuesday, May 03, 2011

More Work on The Scrambler

I put some different handlebars  (modern motocross bars) on the Scram, today.  They are lower, and have less pull-back.  Plus, they are black.




 After I got the bars on, I started looking at the front fender. For some reason, the front fender has never really suited me.  I was thinking that I might do a shorty front fender, like the Deus bikes always have.  But, I wasn't sure it would really suit the Scrambler profile.

I had a Royal Enfield front alloy fender sitting about, so I test-fitted it, then drilled it and mounted it.  I think I like the longer, skinnier fender better than the stock one.  It looks more "vintage"to me than the stock unit.

Now, I just need to figure out the rear fender.





x

6 Comments:

At 9:43 AM , Blogger Karl E said...

Yep that fender is waaaaaay better. Good work.

 
At 11:20 AM , Blogger Apertome said...

Looking good! I like the new fender better, too. Looks like a fun bike.

 
At 1:34 PM , Anonymous Scott Loveless said...

It just needs Jesse cases and an FYYFF sticker.

 
At 7:01 PM , Blogger Brad said...

just sitting around?

looks like we will be riding the same bike! You grabbed the exact same bars/fender on mine. Whoohoo.

 
At 12:18 PM , Blogger Jon said...

I bought the fender for the Honda, but decided against it.

I didn't realize the bars were the same as yours. I just liked them because they are basically Superbike bars with a cross piece.

Our tastes do run pretty closely, don't they?

 
At 9:11 AM , Anonymous Jeremy said...

That bike is looking great! Those little changes are making a big difference. Nice.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home