Two Wheels - Six Strings

Random news and thoughts about various two-wheeled projects and music, especially my band, Skull Full Of Blues.

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Year-End Commute Numbers

I am through with work, until after New Year's Day.  My nephew, Kyle, is coming out to spend the holidays with me and do a little snowboarding, etc.

So, my commute numbers for the year are complete.

I commuted a total of 3356.2 miles, on 194 work days.

My overall total, since 05/01/07, is 12,822.4 miles over 741 consecutive work days.

So far, this Fall and Winter, we have gotten only 1.5 inches of snow, here in Denver.  And, the temps have been pretty mild.  I've only ridden the snow-bike once, and didn't really need it, then.

It is going to be a hard year on the grass and trees, if we don't start getting snow.  But, I have to admit that it doesn't bother me to keep the snow up in the mountains.

x

9 Comments:

At 5:59 PM , Blogger Big Oak said...

Pretty impressive commuting streak! You are to bike commuting what Cal Ripken and Brett Favre are to their respective sports!

 
At 8:09 PM , Blogger Steve A said...

Presumably, sick days are not work days?

 
At 8:30 PM , Blogger Jon said...

Neither are vacation days.

Days I go to the office, I ride the bike. That's pretty much the extent of my parameters for "continuous bike commuting".

 
At 6:21 PM , Blogger Apertome said...

Wow, that is a ton of commuting mileage. Way to go, man! We got hit with winter early. I'm mostly enjoying it, but I have to admit that I'm itching for some clear pavement fastish road biking. Maybe simply because I can't do that.

 
At 9:25 PM , Blogger thomas said...

Yes, but how many VERTICAL commuting miles this year?

 
At 7:50 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, that is a lot of miles and days! Congrats!
It is amazing that it has been over 3 1/2 years.
C & C

 
At 3:48 PM , Blogger Jon said...

Thomas: If you just count the fact that my house is 200 feet higher than the lab, 7.35 miles vertical gain.

 
At 11:45 AM , Blogger John Romeo Alpha said...

Those are great commute stats. What portion of total mileage does that represent?

 
At 9:27 PM , Blogger MandG said...

Congrats! I've never kept track...but at only 5 miles round trip each day I'm afraid it would be less than impressive. heh

Afa the lack of snow. We actually got the hose and manual sprinklers out the other day and gave our young trees some big drinks. I *realy* wish we had some snow down here. B1 is snowboarding tomorrow with my brother and we'll likely all go up to do some tubing and snowshoeing later in the week, but I'm missing it being outside my door. I love the snow.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home