Two Wheels - Six Strings

Random news and thoughts about various two-wheeled projects and music, especially my band, Skull Full Of Blues.

Saturday, November 15, 2008

Work In Progress Part 2

I decided to go with the rigid fork from the pink bike. This required a switch to a threadless headset (Campagnolo Record, also from the pink bike).

I had to use a steer-tube extender to get the handlebar where I wanted it. Not the most elegant looking item, but it gets the job done.


I also switched to the big bmx platform pedals, and some Ritchey Trail Max tires. Tomorrow, I'll put the rack on it, and it will be mostly complete. I have another set of wheels I'll set up with the studded snow tires, so that all I have to do is switch wheels when it snows.

x

2 Comments:

At 5:46 PM , Blogger Noah said...

You're making me jealous, man! We caught our first flurries here today and my winter commuter is still in shambles. I've got a lot of parts that I could probably clean up and throw together willy-nilly, then all I'd need is a chain, I suppose. But this isn't what I had in mind. And there's no way I'm riding my roadie with 25mm slicks on ice and snow.

 
At 5:38 PM , Blogger -p said...

That's a pretty mean snow bike. The platform pedals are nice. You can wear a pair of gore-tex sneakers with them.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home