Two Wheels - Six Strings

Random news and thoughts about various two-wheeled projects and music, especially my band, Skull Full Of Blues.

Sunday, October 05, 2008

Prepping For 24 Hours of Moab

Click for BIG!

How do you turn a silk purse into a sow's ear? Load it up for commuting.

I decided I needed to ride the mountain bike, this week, to make sure I have the seat set correctly and that everything is working okay. So, I mounted up all of the commuting accessories (including the jingly bell) to ride back and forth to work. Of course, the lights will stay on for the race.


I also bought a new Specialized helmet to replace the ill-fitting GIRO I bought earlier in the summer. Plus, I bought new Specialized mountain bike shoes. These are the first new mtb shoes I've bought since 1995!
Hopefully, I've got everything in readiness. Now, if only I felt more ready!
x

2 Comments:

At 4:12 PM , Blogger Tigger-In-Chains said...

Hey Jon: Best of luck at the race this weekend!

 
At 6:44 PM , Blogger Jon said...

Thanks, man.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home